Cold brew coffee is highly appreciated during heat waves. This increasingly popular brewing method lets your enjoy the delicious taste of coffee as a cold drink.
More than iced coffee
Cold brew is much more than simple iced coffee, which is hot coffee to which ice is added. It is its own drink, just like an espresso or drip coffee, with its own preparation method. Cold brew coffee must be brewed for a long time in cold water to produce less acidic, less bitter, and sweeter notes than hot coffee. It is very simple to prepare, but takes time. Indeed, as it must be brewed for 12 to 18 hours, its preparation requires some thinking ahead.
Making your own cold brew coffee
You can easily make your own cold brew coffee at home by following these instructions:
What you'll need:
- 1 cup of coffee, ground for drip or French press
- 1 l (4 cups) of filtered cold water
Generally, 1 part coffee to 3 to 5 parts cold, filtered water.
- Put the coffee into a French press (BODUM) or a jar and pour the water into it. Stir until the grains are completely wet.
- Cover and brew in the refrigerator for 12 to 18 hours. When using a French press, keep the piston up during brewing.
- When using a French press, depress the piston and pour into another container. For coffee made in a jar, filter the coffee into another container using a sieve to separate the liquid from the coffee grounds.
- To drink, simply pour over ice. Add milk or sugar to taste. Cold brew coffee can be kept in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Cold brewing Julius coffee
Make your own cold brew using delicious Julius specialty coffee. Alt. 4785 blond roast coffee is ideal for this cold drink. It will yield a slightly fruity, refreshing coffee for hot summer days.